Janet L. Strimlan
207 North Main Street
Orrville, OH 44667
Appointed: February 2009
Phone: (330) 684-5006
FAX: (330) 684-5023
CONTACT US if you
questions or need additional
The City accepts Visa or Mastercard credit card
payments for cemetery purchases, utility bills, park and pool fees, zoning
certificates, etc. As always, we will also accept cash or checks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Finance shall be appointed by the Mayor, with the approval of
Council on the basis of their competence as demonstrated by experience, education, or both.
The Mayor may also designate an officer or employee of the City, who, during the absence
or disability of, or during a vacancy in the office of, the Director of Finance, shall
exercise the powers and discharge the duties and functions of the Director of Finance
under the title of Acting Director of Finance. The Director of Finance shall have
knowledge of municipal accounting and taxation, and shall have had knowledge of municipal
accounting and taxation, and shall have had experience in budgeting and financial control.
He/she shall have charge of the administration of the financial affairs of the City under the
direction of the Mayor, and to that end, shall have authority and shall be required to:
- Prepare and submit the current income and expense estimates for the budget as
directed by the Mayor.
- Supervise and be responsible for the disbursement of all monies, and control all
expenditures so that appropriations are not exceeded.
- Maintain a general accounting system for the City government; keep accounts for
and exercise budgetary control over each office, department and agency; keep separate
appropriations accounts each of which shall show the amount of the appropriation, the
encumbrances thereon, the amounts expended therefrom, and the unencumbered balance
therein; require reports of receipts and disbursements from each receiving and disbursing
agency of the City government at such intervals as he may deem expedient and in such form
as he shall require.
- Submit to the Mayor upon request, but not less often than monthly, a statement of
receipts and disbursements and account balances in sufficient detail to show the financial
condition of the City.
- Prepare for the Mayor, as of the end of each fiscal year, a complete financial
statement and report.
- Receive and record all fees and revenues due the City.
- Have control of all public funds belonging to or under control of the City, or
any office, department or agency of the City government, and deposit said funds in such
depositories as may be designated by resolution of the Council.
- Have control of all investments and invested funds of the City government, or in
possession of such government in a fiduciary capacity; make all investments on behalf of
the City after consultation with the Mayor and Director of Law; and have the safekeeping
of all bonds and notes of the City and the receipt and delivery of City bonds and notes
for transfer, registration or exchange.
- Attend, in person or by his authorized delegate, all regular Council and Public
Utilities Board meetings.
- Perform such other services, not inconsistent with the Charter, as may be
required by either the Mayor or the Council.
(Section 4.06 of the Charter of the City of Orrville, Ohio.)